Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help regarding Financial Documents, VI on Dec 1st! Urgent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help regarding Financial Documents, VI on Dec 1st! Urgent!

Guys please help me out.
    I got admit from Univ of Kansas at Lawrence. Here is my profile:
    GRE 1320 4.0 AWA
    TOEFL 114
    BE 73% No back Logs, Mechanical Engg.,
    Have been given a Fellowship of $4000/ YR+ $9200 TA+ 100% Fee waiver
    The Total cost of attending the univ for a year is $23000/- ~ Rs 11.5 Lakh
    So, for first year I have full funding and I dont think I need to show any money fro my side.
    Here is my Financial condition:
    Dads Income 1.75 Lak pa Moms income 1.5 pa + Rent 2lak pa= 5.25 lak pa
    Put 6.5 Lak in bank account

Is this enough? Or do I need to show anything more?

The fact that you have full fee waiver and good scores will work in your favor. You just have to speak convincingly of why you want to study and return home and prove that you have ties to the home country.

Do you have any siblings in US?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks TXH1B for the quick reply.
      I have no siblings in the US. I am just worried whether this is enough?

Comment

You have to keep the facts straight. Any property docs evaluated by a CA will help. But again, these are hardly looked at by the VO and they just evaluate a candidate based on the interview questions. If you can justify why you want to study and the reasons as to why you would return back to home country, it will be a success.

There is not set amount. As you have obtained assistantship, you are fine as you need not provide funds to show you can afford the education. You however need to show financial/familial ties to home country.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hello TXh1b. Thanks once again. I am sure of convincing the VO that I want to come back, and am motivated to complete the course there. Is it not necessary to show funds for the second year of study?

Comment

Not required for people with funding to show liquid cash but a good to have if shown the possibility of getting the funds like LIC policy, FDs, etc. Improves ties to home country.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X