Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-20 Amount calculation

Here is what is stated on my I-20 on No. 7

Student's avg costs for an academic term of ____4___ (up to 12) months to be: a. Tuition and fees $8,355.00
    b. Living Expenses $4,090.00
    c. Expenses of dependents(0) $ 0.00
    d. Other books/health $1,000.00
    TOTAL $13,445.00

1. Is 4 months means one semester and how many semesters does one year
    contain?
    2. u have seen the total then how much is the minimum that I have to show?
    bytheway it says the normal length of the study is 36 months.
    3. Do they expect me to show the total for 3 years? If so, how much is that?
    coz they didn't specify how much the amount for a year will be.

1. Depends on the University. Most F1 students are required to register for FT study (9) credit hours during Fall(Aug) and Spring (Jan) to maintain status. Summer is optional. Some schools have Summer I and Summer II as 6 week sessions and are optional too.

Usually 3 sems/year in most schools with optional summer.

2. At least the amount in cash for 1 year of study and some other assets to cover the additional study.

3. You can do the math. They don't specify it as Tuition is subject to change on a yearly basis.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks thx1b! I have two bank statements
      1. $40,000 with dad's name and/Or sis's name
      2. $25,000 with dad's name only

Also i am thinking of getting a bank draft payable to me for $14,000. What do u think of these figures? Shall I just leave the bank draft?

Comment

Why the draft? An affidavit that the people with money will support you will suffice. Don't pay the draft charges to a bank unnecessarily.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X