Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 Visa

Hello,

I have recently competed my masters and am currently on my OPT. I need to get my wife's VISA processed. Will she have to apply for an F2 VISA? If yes, does she have to get her maiden name changed on her passport before applying? My job has not started yet, so I do not have any pay stubs but I do have an offer letter that states my salary etc. Will this be sufficient for the US consulate? Can/Should my dad sponsor her visit to USA like he did for me (before applying for F-1). I would be grateful to anyone who help me in this regard.

Thanks,
    Varun

I am also in the same boat. I am getting married in December and starting OPT in Jan. But, on the marriage certificate I have decided not to change her legal name at all to avoid all the name change process.

I have read some examples on these forums where ppl got visas by showing their job itself as source of funding. But I guess she will have to show family, property etc. for ties with India. You can take your chances, no harm in that. That is what we decided.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hello kabkaba,

The marriage certificate I have, contains both her names "Varsha Agarwal" and "Varsha Saraf". Do you think I can still get her to apply for VISA as "Varsha Agarwal" instead of "varsha saraf" or will I have to get her name changed now?

Thanks,
      Varun

Comment

You can either get her name changed on her passport or get the marriage certificate changed to reflect no name change, see which one gets done more quickly.

Comment

I actually went to the international programs office at my university and they told me that the marriage certificate is valid for both names and she need not get her name changed on the passport. She can apply as my wife with the same name as on passport and this is what I am going ahead with Thanks a lot for the help.

Comment

Let me know what happens to your case. You can PM me.

Comment

Offer letter

Hello,

My wife has her interview scheduled in January at Chennai. What is the format of the offer letter I need to take from my company for her interview? My current offer letter mentions about my H-1 sponsorship. Is it safe to provide this same letter for the interview? Also, in the financial statements, I am showing an Indian Account. Does it have to be my account or can it be my dad's account? Do I need to provide a statement of my own account here in USA?

Thanks,
              Varun

Comment

My wife got her visa.
                The VO did not worry about funds because my job would pay sufficiently and then she herself mentioned that I will be getting H1 later.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X