Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewing F1 VISA withough going back Home

Hi Everyone,

My situation is as follows. I am from the Middle east, my visa (which lasted for 5 years) expired one year ago, and I still going through my graduate program with a valid I-20. My questions are:

I - I want to visit some friends in Canada, can I get a visa to Canada with an expired USA visa?

2- Does anyone has an experience of renewing their visa from the USA embassy in Canada? does it work?

3- I understand that it might took them time to process my application at the usa embassy in Canada, do I have to stay in Canada all this period?

4- if by any chance, I didn't get the VISA, can I re-enter the USA gain? I heard from other threads that if you stayed in canada less than 30 days, you can reenter US with an expired VISA as long as you keep your I-94?

Thanks for your help

Hello

I did go to canada for my student visa,but it was not a renewal and it was a first time visa and i didnt succeed at it,they wanted me to go back to my homecountry and get it.
    But lets look at it this way and lets not let my case reflect your situation.
    Your student visa expired an year ago,and thats a negative mark on your file since you have been studying with an expired visa and that may raise questions about you being out of status and all
    If you go to the canadian consulate for your visitors visa,they will surely question you about your student visa which expired
    So i would say if you have an appointment at the canadian consulate for your visa extension or renewal ,then you might go to the canadian consulate and show them the visa appointment letter and explain your situation and iam sure hey will give you a visa since you are going to get it renewed and have an appointment,
    Now talking about the appointment with us consulate in canada and your interview,
    Let me tell you that the canada consulate or any other us consulate is not very lineant with a third country national and i respect it since third country national visas should be dealt in their home country and also you should consult an attorney since your visa has already expired.Its always safe to have an attorney and it also helps you do things in a legal way,but make sure watever decision you take,you should be ready with your explanation of staying with your expired visa and continuing your studeis with it which is against the law.
    if you get your visa in canada ,all is well but god forbid IF you dont then you have to go back to your homecountry from canada and all your valid USA visas will be cancelled and you cant go back to USA to collect your belongings as well.
    So All the best and just remember dont lose hope,Iam in a worser situation than you and its really hard at a young age to face all this but believe in yourself and make sure your motives are true .
    Thanks,
    THIS A FRIENDLY ADVICE AND NOT A LEGAL ADVICE

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X