Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F2 to B2 ..after one F-2 denial ...Pls is it wise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 to B2 ..after one F-2 denial ...Pls is it wise?

Hello all,

My wife was denied F-2 visa on first attempt last week DEC'2008 in Nigeria but actually on the day of the interview ,the Consular officer looked at her and gave her a paper stating "More evidence of principal applicat's finances in the US" and said she should come back a week after.Alas he denied her when she went back.(though my wife's mother died a night to the final interview day...but i still told her to smile at them.)

I have full tuition waiver !

I have full Graduate Fellowship which covers all my fees+insurance ! I dont pay a dime here !

My Nigerian statement of account showed 10,000 US dollars.

Before my wife went back to the embassy i moved 7,000 USD to my US account and scanned a copy of my US statement to her !

Please what do i do ?

Can i attempt to apply for B-2 just for her to visit ?

Or continue attempting F-2 ?

Our Marriage is 4 months old...

Someone said it might be because she has a Virgin passport(I mean new and never travelled).If so be the case,can i send her to UK so as to make the passport have some visa stamp history...?

Ties to my country are :

Family Business ! ...

I'm on study leave with a government institute....

I have never played the American Visa Lottery in my life and i will never ! that shows i dont wanna migrate !

Job

Hello.

Do you have an on campus job in the USA? A salary certificate/pay stub from there showing enough salary to support her while she is in the USA will be very helpful. The consulate is more concerned about how you are going to support her expenses and thats why they look to see if you have any income in the US to support yourself and also your wife.

I hope this info helps.

Comment

I think you should try for an F-2 again because according to my understanding, the reason they denied her VISA was not "Potential immigrant!" but "Insufficient funds" (at least thats what I think was the reason seeing your post).

Comment

Oh yea thanks ! The wrote Insufficient funds and 214(b) .....

Though the only question he asked her was :

"In the US , there is a poverty line,prove to me that your husband is above the poverty line?."

I earn monthly stipends and i was thinking in addition to that,parent support was also there.She showed him but he kept asking her to proof that i was above poverty line.?

Also , can an affidavit prove my intent to return?

Comment

Your I-20 will also show whatever funds you receive from the University and what funds you need to produce yourself. Your wife can point out those figures to the VO if asked.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X