Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa renewal, 221(g) without questionnaire

Hi,

I have been in the US for the past 4.5 years. I did my Masters at UT Austin and then moved to Georgia Tech for a PhD. Though my visa was valid until June of 2009, I went for my visa renewal on December 16th 2008. During the interview, the VO asked me about both my universities and then issued me the 221(g) pink slip fur further administrative processing and told me that it would take 2-3 weeks for the processing. Its been 3 weeks now and the status still says pending process.

I wasn't given any questionnaire (which I think is usually given for F1 visa cases) and my semester has already started. Does any one have any idea on how long this might take? If this delay gets any longer, I might lose one whole semester in the middle of my PhD.

Any ideas or suggestions or information on cases like this will be helpful to me.

Could possibly be a name check or a TAL. What area is your research in?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I am sure its not TAL because I wasn't even asked which department I work in, let alone which area? Also if its TAL then a questionnaire is definitely handed out. So i think it must be for name check. Any idea how long it might take as I am a continuing student?

Comment

Hi Fahadsm,

I am in georgia tech too. I am also going to apply for F-1 extension soon. I was wondering how much finally it took to get extension? and did you come to know why they applied 221 (g)?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X