Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Records for old FI applicants

Hi,
    I was an exchange stundet with F1 student visa more than 10 years ago - completed the year and returned home. Now I've been back to the states for some time and am in the process of applying for citizenship. I did not mention anywhere in the N400 application that I used to have an F1 status and now I'm afraid that it will come up in my interview. Does anyone know if my records back then still come up in INS server or any other goverment server? Don't know if they have a 10 year rule before the records are deteled. As a side note, I've been in good standing then and now. Thank you for your help.

If there is material representation that is discovered at anytime even after the citizenship, you can be stripped off your citizenship.

Not a good idea to hide facts which they can easily verify. Why do you want to hide? Something is fishy here.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you for your advise. Maybe I should bring it up myself in the interview. The N400 form does not ask any questions where it would give me the possibility to explain that fact, neither did my application for permanent residency, so it was never mentioned anywhere. I'm not very keen to bring it up myself as my name was misspelled on those records (slightly) and I do not want that to jeopardize my naturalization. If they bring it up (which they didn't during background check for the green card) I'm fine to explain. I still wanted to be prepared before hand though. Thanks again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X