F1 Visa Stamping in Canada after INS approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Visa Stamping in Canada after INS approval

My wife recently changed her status from H4 to F1. Her change of status application (I-539) was approved by the INS. We are planning to go to Toronto to get her Visa Stamped. My question is:

Since my wife already has a change of status approved by INS, Does she still stand a chance of facing a visa rejection in Toronto?
    From your experience, is it advisable to go to toronto for getting the visa stamped or should we rather stay in US. My wife wil have to leave the country for india in December to attend a marriage ceremony. Would it make more sense to get the visa stamped from India rather?
    I would highly appreciate a response from your side.

Thanks in Advance.

Sanjay

sanjay - just wanted to check if you were able to get a F1 stamped in canada for your wife. Any guidance will be appreciated.

Comment

request reply

Hi,

Originally posted by sanjaydhar
      My wife recently changed her status from H4 to F1. Her change of status application (I-539) was approved by the INS. We are planning to go to Toronto to get her Visa Stamped. My question is:

Since my wife already has a change of status approved by INS, Does she still stand a chance of facing a visa rejection in Toronto?
      From your experience, is it advisable to go to toronto for getting the visa stamped or should we rather stay in US. My wife wil have to leave the country for india in December to attend a marriage ceremony. Would it make more sense to get the visa stamped from India rather?
      I would highly appreciate a response from your side.

Thanks in Advance.

Sanjay

my problem is exactly teh same as above, I just wanted to know if you were successful in getting your wif's visa stamped and where did you go? also wat reply did you get for your post.

Your reply will be highly useful and appreciated.

Thanks
      Ragini

Comment

F1 Visa Stamping

Hi,

I am in a similar situation right now like the one you were in. I was on H1B and I have changed my status from H1B to F1. I have joined my university as a full-time student and now I need to get F1 visa stamping. I would like to know few things about F1 stamping.

• Should I go to Canada or Mexico? Which one would be quick and easy?
        • Does the processing time differ from one US Consulate to other? Is there any particular US Consulate/Embassy in Canada or Mexico that I should be going to so the process is quick and easy for me?
        • What documents do I need to provide to the US Consulate? Do the document requirements differ from one US Consulate to the other?
        • How much time the visa stamping process would take?
        • Since my status has already been changed are there still any chances of rejections? If yes, then what are my options?
        • How sooner do I need to take appointment with the US Consulate? How much is the waiting period?

Your feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

Ankit Patel.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X