Advice on student visa, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on student visa, please

My husband is a green card holder and will be eligible to apply for citizenship in May 2010. So it could be another 3 or 3+ years before i get my immigration. I had applied for a visit visa in November 2008 but got rejected coz i was a potential immigrant.
    My question is, I wanna try my luck by applying once for a student visa this fall. They know i am married and my husband is in US, would that be a problem? Is it worth trying? I mean if i do get a visa, i will get it for 2 years or so, and by the time i finish my education, i will be nearing immigration. So i dont see any reason for violation. Instead of simply waiting here, i want to further my education, so this also gives me chance to be with my husband. I am a graduate in India. Can i try for it???

Please help me out with some informative answers.
    Thank you

Student visa also requires non-immigrant intent. It is a wasted effort to try as it will get denied.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Where you married at the time your husband got his green card? You can argue the right to follow him in that situation.
      However, a student visa is definitely not an option!
      Tati

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X