Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 And F2 Visa Interview Together Questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 And F2 Visa Interview Together Questions?

Dear Members,

Please help me out. Me and My husband has visa interview together on 28th Jan 2009 at Kolkatta Embassy. My Husband is giving interview for renewal of his F1 visa and mine will be F2. I was in USA for 2 years and 4 months. I was on OPT but now I am applying for F2..WILL IT EFFECT MY VISA CHANCES? My husband has funding from his University. He is doing Ph.D..I don't have any other extra money to show..whatever is on I-20.
    Another question we are not travelling together. He is leaving on 14th Feb and I am leaving on 21st Feb if get visa but I NOTICED THAT ITS WRITTEN THAT IF YOU ARE APPLYING TOGETHER DO WE NEED TO FLY TOGETHER? because its written when you attach another application FAMILY MEMBERS OR CO WORKERS WHO ARE TRAVELLING TOGETHER..DO I NEED TO CHANGE THE DATES OF FLYING? PLEASE REPLY.
    Third thing..My husband's passport is issued from Delhi but he is no longer in Delhi and we were in states. He is native of Bihar and he has DRIVING LIC and Voter ID which proofs this so please let me know if he will have any problem giving interview at Kolkatta?????? beoz of residency etc..Mine passport is issued from Bihar so that is not a problem.

Please reply ASAP. Thanks in advance.
    SKumari

Dear Members,

Please somebody reply. Also I have one question about my passport. My passport will expire on 9th August 2009 and my visa interview is on 28th Jan..so technically I guess I am OKAY to give interview on 28th Jan because I heard that passport should be valid for 6 months before they issue visa. PLEASE SOMEBODY REPLY. Thanks.

Smita

Comment

Just chk this

My friend who applied for F1( Ph.d) applied along with his wife -F2 from Calcutta and both got visas in Aug 08. Their passports were issued in Bhuvaneswar,didnt live much there later, and he had about 8 months before his pp expired. They put their travel dates 10 days apart on the applns as thats how they planned to go. She had her brother's wedding. He was asked just 2 qns -his research interest and the univ and She wasn't questioned even once by the VO but got her visa along with him. Infact they were equally qualified.They travelled separately.- I know this as I helped them with their applns.

Comment

Thanks a lot! I am very much glad for your answer!

Comment

Student Visa Reapply

Hi, I am Varun from Punjab.

I applied for F1 U.S visa for undergraduate studies (community college).
          Unfortunatly, I was refused visa.
          Actually, I got nervous there and I did'nt answer some qusetions well.
          Now, I want to reaplly but I have certain doubts.

1) I will be applying after 5 months, so "Will I have to prepare the support affaidavits again?"

2) "For how long an affaidavit is valid for US embassy?"
          My relatives and parents have sponsered me, so when I will be going to interview again, "Will I have to take new affaidavits with latest dates?"

3) As I will be reapllying, I want to know that "Will the interview be more tougher now?"

Please answer these qusetions.

Friendly,
          Varun Kumar

Comment

Answers not affidavits

If you think you were denied because of your affidavits (which may not be the case most of the times) then it may be helpful to make them again as recent as 3 months-safer side. I repeat documents aren't everything, its the individual case. Your next chance depends upon your clause of earlier denial.It boils down to this- your rebuilding their confidence at the interview that you'll return.You need to make your case stronger before you apply again lest you make them think your are desparate.

Comment

Originally posted by DENTEYE
              If you think you were denied because of your affidavits (which may not be the case most of the times) then it may be helpful to make them again as recent as 3 months-safer side. I repeat documents aren't everything, its the individual case. Your next chance depends upon your clause of earlier denial.It boils down to this- your rebuilding their confidence at the interview that you'll return.You need to make your case stronger before you apply again lest you make them think your are desparate.
              MY VISA WAS REJECTED BECAUSE I WAS UNABLE TO EXPLAIN THEM THAT "WHY I WANT TO STUDY BACHELORS IN USA AND NOT IN INDIA?"
              I WAS UNABLE TO ANSWER THEM EFFICIENTLY........... WILL MY STRONG POINTS NEXT TIME BE CONSIDERED? OR WILL THEY ASK ME ME SOMETHING ELSE THIS TIME?

Comment

Basic qns

Do you have the answers to convince them that you'll return (No bold letters pl- it means harsh). Basically you need to answer these qs. 1.Why USA for this degree when India has it , 2. Your ties to India obviously. If you have good test scores/ improvise upon your earlier scores - may be helpful

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X