lost EAD, I-94, Passport (OPT) - apply H-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost EAD, I-94, Passport (OPT) - apply H-1

I just recently lost all of my documents (EAD for OPT, i-94, and passport). Very sad and desperate situation
    I have all the copies of the documents. My OPT ends on June 8, 2009, F-1 visa ends on June 24, 2009. I will reapply for new passport. My questions are:
    1. Do I have to reapply for the other two documents?
    2. Do I need my actual EAD card to apply for H-1 this april? Or is a copy sufficient?
    3. Is a new I-94 required so that in the future I can come back to the US?

I ask this because I figure by the time my new EAD card comes, my OPT almost over anyway and I don't plant to go abroad anytime soon. Somebody told me to just apply for a new EAD but leave the check behind. Then if I happen to need an actual EAD, I send them a check to begin the process.

I'm trying not to waste too much money on these applications since they cost tons of money to apply. I know it was my mistake to loss it too.

Thank you very much for your kind help.

you can get all the duplicate documents

my friend i know a friend of mine has experienced the same case. but he has got his passport, i94 , i20 except visa.

and i dont know about ead case. all you need to do is to talk to your dso from your school. and they will ask you to pay for i94 and will issue a new i20. and regarding passport. you will get a new passport from indian embassy. but you have to get a visa when you step out of the country. either an f1 or should apply for h1.

this is to the best of my knowledge based on my friends case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X