• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Urgent attention req

Dear friends,

please help me. i got a status from uscis stating that

"Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On January 27, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address."
    what do they mean by this? what am i supposed to do. does this mean that they will postpone my status. what am i supposed to do? on feb22nd im leaving to india. for my wedding.

You should receive the notice soon. It will say what documents you need to send, send those and then carry all the notices with you when you travel. It will be good if you can avoid travel in such a situation, because although legally you can travel and come back, all CBP officers are not experts at these rules and laws.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

now i have sent all the required documents for RFE on 10th feb

i have the opt i20 signed by my school dso. and i have the photo copy of the document that uscis have asked me. i have the i797 receipt, opt i20 from my school. what should i tell while coming back to us.

i have to apply f2 for my fiance. can she say that im on opt. but i wont posses opt card by the time she goes to the interview. is it ok if i give the i797 receipt.?

my mail id is [email protected]

Comment

If you want to take the risk of traveling before getting the EAD card, take a printout of the following document with you. It states that F1 may enter the US while awaiting the OPT approval in search of a job. If you have a job offer you can take that letter as additional proof and tell them that you will be joining the job as soon as you get the OPT card. Keep the application receipt notice with you.

For F2 it is better to do the interview after you get the EAD card and if you have a job (to support your wife)
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X