Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COS : H4 to F-1

Hi

I am currently enrolled in Masters Program on H4. I am applying for COS from H4 to F1. I have couple of questions on that ....

1) In I539 instructions, it says to send your original I-94 to the processing Center. Is it correct ? I have been told by my school that you just need to send the copy of I-94.

2)Also the I539 instruction booklet says to make 300$ check payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security whereas i have been told by my school to make a check payable to US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

I appreciate any response in advance.

Thanks

Originally posted by User700
    Hi

I am currently enrolled in Masters Program on H4. I am applying for COS from H4 to F1. I have couple of questions on that ....

1) In I539 instructions, it says to send your original I-94 to the processing Center. Is it correct ? I have been told by my school that you just need to send the copy of I-94.

2)Also the I539 instruction booklet says to make 300$ check payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security whereas i have been told by my school to make a check payable to US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

I appreciate any response in advance.

Thanks
    You can send original or a copy of I-94, both work.
    USCIS is a part of DHS so considering the way US banking system works, I feel you can send the check either way.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X