Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 COS - Got RFE Today

Hi All,

I applied for COS from H4 to F1 in August and VSC. Today (24th FEb), I got an RFE. I don't know the exact question as I have not received the actual question yet - this is the status online as of today.

1.) How do I apply for RFE - myself or Lawyer.

2.) How much does it cost?

3.) What forms need to be filled?

4.) How much time does it take to get a response once RFE is replied to?

Please reply. Thanks for your time.

1. Depends on what the RFE is for. Could be for the paystubs of your husband or a bank statement to show funds for the F1. You can do it yourself or hire a lawyer. Your choice!
    2. No cost involved unless you hire a lawyer.
    3. RFE does not involve standard forms or USCIS fees. RFE asks for specific questions and you submit documents that can prove and provide what they are asking for and explain in a well written organized note.
    4. No set guidelines. Generally 60 days.

Go with a lawyer if you are not comfortable doing it yourself after you look at the RFE.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txH1b.

I'll post the RFE question as soon as I get the mail in the post.

My husband works for a big firm and we had given all the pay stubs, bank statements etc and we have sufficient funds...anyway let's see what the RFE is about....what can be other questions??

Any site to find a lawyer in the atlanta area?

Do we send the RFE by regular post or thru fedex etc?

Thanks a lot.
      Last edited by smuggy_bomb; 02-24-2009, 03:03 PM.

Comment

It is all your choice as to how to send it, which mail service to use, which yellow pages/phone book to use.

Thare aren't any guidelines or rules around items of common sense.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

^^

Just checking. I don't want to get rejected because I didn't send thru regular mail. I know a lot of govt. places which only accept regular mail.

thanks for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by smuggy_bomb
            Thanks txH1b.

Any site to find a lawyer in the atlanta area?
            Yes, http://www.immihelp.com/yellowpages
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I received my RFE today. It says 2 things:

1.) Ability to Pay.

2.) The elctronic SEVIS database did not confirm your I-190 fee payment.

Am I supposed to fill I-190 form and pay SEVIS fees while filing for H4 to F1 COS. Please reply ASAP.

Comment

1. Financial proof for fee in ban accounts.
                2. Yes, of course.

Talk to your ISO from your school. They should have told you.

Comment

1.) I just filled the I-190 form and paid the $200 fee. I don't know how I missed it and cursing myself for it.

2.) Regarding ability to pay - do we need to fill the I-134 again?

I have prepared:

Bank Letter and Statement
                  Fees receipt I have paid for the 1st and 2nd semester.

Any other document that is required to reply to RFE.

Thanks txhib.

Comment

Bank should have enough funds as per your I-20 for the remaining period of stay. Include statements showing continuous funds availability. No harm in filling the affidavit of support again.

Comment

These are the docs that I have prepared for ABILITY TO PAY:

1.) University Account Summary showing first year payment made.
                      2.) Official Bank Letter (My husband's bank)
                      3.) Bank Statements (My husband's bank)
                      4.) Company Salary Slips and Employment Letter (My husband's Company)
                      5.) A FD in ICICI bank in India
                      6.) Affidavit of support - I-134 form

7.) Explanation Letter - I'm typing this in MS Word myself

should I contact a lawyer or this looks fine? Does a lawyer use all the legal jargon to make it look effective or a simple explanation will work?

Comment

H4 to F1 COS - Got RFE Today

Did you submit RFE and what is the status now.

I also got same RFE and I am consulting a lawyer. please update your staus.

Comment

I got the approval notice 2 weeks after submitting the RFE.

I prepared the docs myself and went to a lawyer and paid 100 dollar in consultation fee to make sure everything is ok....the lawyer said - everything looks fine after looking at docs for 5 mins...........he was useless.

Anyway, make sure you shown enuff money and also tell them that u have already paid tuition for 1/2 semesters and only 1/2 semesters are left. Show that u have enuff money for expenses also.

I made a table in word doc showing:

total fee:
                          fee paid:
                          fee left:

Total money in bank:

I also send my husbands salary slips and employment letter. Fortunately, I got approval after 6-7 months since the day I first applied.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X