Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Visa Quesiton

Hello All,

My husband and I are US Citizen. MY Husband came to US on Student Visa. He became US Citizen based on our marriage. Since he became citizen, he applied for his mother’s green card, and we have received her approval. He also has an 18 year old sister (half-sister) who is in college in India. Once his mom’s Green Card Process is completed, we are planning to apply for His sister’s green card on his mother’s bases. We wanted to apply for her student visa. Is it advisable?? We have heard different suggestions. Some say that if she comes here on bases of student visa, we will be able to do adjustment of status which will take 3 years. Some say that she will have to go back to India. Do we need to disclose that, her mother’s approved for Green Card??? If we don’t how will that affect my sister-in-law’s green card processing?? Also, in 2005 my sister-in-law and mother-in-law were rejected Visitor visa. She was rejected because; she might do same as her brother and not return to India. Any help will be appreciated….

Thanks in advance.
    Meghna

Anyone???? We reallyneed advice on this....

Comment

Long story short, here is what i did in same situatiton.

*got my mother and father their greencard, i filed for them as i am a citizen
      *they then filed for my brother (then 18) and let him do his bachlors(saved money also) in india and gain some business knowledge in our business back home.
      *then my brother was likely to age out. so we filed the appropriate documents and expedited his case
      *he is now here, doing MBA at GSB Chicagobooth(best B school costing 105k for masters)..this was possible to do as he did his bachlors almost free!(the aim was GSB Chicagobooth)

i think we handled the situation in the best possible way and ofcourse he is going to have a rockin future now.

dont know if it will help you.

Comment

Providing the info will weaken the case. But not disclosing it when it is being asked for in the application is unlawful. It will have serious consequences subsequently.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X