Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Visa

Hi,

My sister from India has applied to 3 colleges in US for Master's in computer science, and hopefully she would get admission. Her one year expense (tuition and living expense both for colleges she has applied) would come around $16,500 . My questions are:

1>How much asset she should be showing for visa to be not rejected.

2>Me, my mother and brother are in US. My sister and father are in india. My father would be sponsoring her; however, he can arrange around $21000 in liquid asset and show property as fixed asset. Would this amount be enough for visa interview.

3>Me i am married and have stable job in US at reputed institution. I can provide her sponsorship for study in US. What is better option let my father sponsor her or should i sponsor her to study in US (for visa to not get rejected.)

This is my first post. Please give your comments.

Thanks,
    vs

Originally posted by vs224 View Post
    Hi,

My sister from India has applied to 3 colleges in US for Master's in computer science, and hopefully she would get admission. Her one year expense (tuition and living expense both for colleges she has applied) would come around $16,500 . My questions are:

1>How much asset she should be showing for visa to be not rejected.
    16,500 in savings, current, fixed deposits.
    If Master's takes 2 years, sha may have to show another 16,500 in liquid/other types of accounts.

2>Me, my mother and brother are in US. My sister and father are in india. My father would be sponsoring her; however, he can arrange around $21000 in liquid asset and show property as fixed asset. Would this amount be enough for visa interview.

A lot depends on her family's status in US.

3>Me i am married and have stable job in US at reputed institution. I can provide her sponsorship for study in US. What is better option let my father sponsor her or should i sponsor her to study in US (for visa to not get rejected.)

If father cannot provide the above amount, they you can co-sponsor. She can keep your sponsor letter as a back up in the interview, to be shown only if asked for.

This is my first post. Please give your comments.

Thanks,
    vs
    Answers above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X