Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT:Advise/HELP needed with OPT card not received

Hello,

I seek advise on how to proceed with my case.The status for my case on the USCIS website states that my OPT card has been mailed to me(Mailed on April 29,2009--Vermont Service Center) It is a month now and I yet have not received my card. The status asks me to contact them if I do not receive the card within a month.

Are there any other members there who have faced a similar situation? I will be contacting them on the NCSC number but just wanted to have pointers before I speak to them. Also would you advise I schedule an appointment through the Infopass link and visit the Vermont center?

The problem I face is that I will be starting a job soon and my employer needs the OPT card. Is there any document that will suffice the requirements in the interim?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

I suppose the employer can do E-VERIFY with DHS to make sure you're legally allowed to work. But you should definitely call USCIS to let them know that your card was never delivered to you. Usually should not take more than a week for the card to arrive. My wife's OPT card arrived within a week.

They'll send you a new one if you still haven't received it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X