Change of status from B2 to F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of status from B2 to F1

Hi, my wife is with me in USA right now on B2 (Visiting) visa.
    She has got admission into one of the universities for Master's degree and got the I-20.
    And we need a cover letter now for applying to the USCIS for the changing of status from B2 to F1. Can anyone help us ,what details to be included in it, especially the reasons (strong ties) that she will go back india upon graduation, so that her application will be considered.
    Could anybody post sample Cover letters would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by jan2079 View Post
    Hi, my wife is with me in USA right now on B2 (Visiting) visa.
    She has got admission into one of the universities for Master's degree and got the I-20.
    And we need a cover letter now for applying to the USCIS for the changing of status from B2 to F1. Can anyone help us ,what details to be included in it, especially the reasons (strong ties) that she will go back india upon graduation, so that her application will be considered.
    Could anybody post sample Cover letters would be appriciated.
    The proper way to do it is go back to home country and apply from there. Dont misuse the B2 visa. When did she enter the country? If she already did not inform that she will be joining a school while entering or getting the B2 visa then chances of COS going through are slim. How can we forum members know her strong ties to return back home

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X