Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit back home on OPT [ H4 to F1 Transferee ]

Hi,

Initially i was on H4 and to pursue my studies, i had it transferred to F1 , but hadn't had it stamped for the reason i never left the country. And I Have completed my graduation with my current status as OPT.

I have a situation where I want to visit India. What are my options? Can i travel to India and come back with no issues. Can i get stamping on F1 visa now, considering my studies are complete and am on OPT.

Please let me know your learned thoughts and advice on the situation.

Thanks,
    Purvi

Your options are - Lufthansa, Continental airlines, Air India and Air France. If you currently dont have a job, you have nothing to lose. Schedule your visa appointment before you leave the US. As soon as you reach India, get your visa stamped and then you can enjoy time off with family and friends. You may even get a fantastic job opportunity with an indian company who may send you to the US with the job.

Comment

Can you please let me know what the outcome was? We are almost in the same boat.

Comment

Please post your experience

Dear haipurvi,
        Please post your experience at the consulate if possible. I am sure there are others like me waiting to know wat happenes.
        Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X