Wife's F1 stamping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife's F1 stamping.

We have the following situiation. I am on H1-B and it expires on Oct 2012, I haven't filed for GC. My wife is on H1-B and it expire in May 2011 we both are in US.. My wife has got admits to fulltime MBA starting spring in 2010. Basically she got from Baruch, SUNY Stony Brook and Pace.
    We are planning to get her F1 stamped from India. We have sufficient funds in our US accounts to support her eduation.

We also considered applying for COS. But heard that it takes 3-4 months to come and you cannot quit working until got get a receipt from them. We stay a bit from her college so travelling and working will be very stressfull.

We are really confused and are short of time. We have few questions and will appreciate replies.

1. How risky is it to go to India and apply for F1 in our case ?
    2. My family has significant property in India and also I have not applied for GC so is that sufficient to prove strong ties with India ?
    3. How exactly does COS works ( I mean I know that you will have to apply and you get a receipt which makes you case pending but how long does it take to reach a stage where you can attend college full time) ?
    4. What will you recommend doing in our case?

Awaiting you replies.
    Thanks in advance

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X