Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

h-4 tp f-1 conversion visa rejected.need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h-4 tp f-1 conversion visa rejected.need advice.

Friends,

Please advice..Need it on urgent basis.

I am on h-4(dependent visa) and got rejected while transferring to F-1(student visa) at Chennai.He said i cannot convince my return to India after M.S. No chance was given to explain. Could anyone please explain what would be the best answer for this question.He just asked me what univ i have applied and took my passport and saw my H-4 stamping on it and discussed something with his team inside and said sorry.My husband is on h-1 and his visa is valid for naohter 2 years.

I want to know with in how many days i can re-apply again for the interview?Any time limitation to re-apply?Can i apply it in different place?

Please kindly advice anyone fast.

I appreciate your kind help in this regard.

Thanks,

Honey.

H-4 to F-1 Conversion rejected.Please advice.

Please reply for my question friends.need your advices and experiences very badly.

Thanks and regards,
    Honey.

Comment

Originally posted by honey36 View Post
      Please reply for my question friends.need your advices and experiences very badly.

Thanks and regards,
      Honey.
      Seems valid - F1 is a non-immigrant visa - meaning you should convince USCIS that you will leave the country as soon your F1 completes. But your husband is on h1 - which is an immigrant visa - where it is possible to have dual intent - that is you can choose to apply for a GC and stay in the US.

So this creates a conflict of interest - your F1 would conflict with you being the spouse of a current H1.

You can study on H4 visa also - why dont you do that instead of converting to F1?

Comment

H1 is not immigrant visa but what the above reply states is correct.

You have to prepare solid, convincing answer to why you want to return to your home country. If you have such an answer, you can apply again.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X