Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing from F1 to L1

Hello,

I am an MBA student, currently on F1 visa status graduating in May 2010, and my previous employer is willing to start US operations upon completion of my MBA.

I have earlier worked with my family owned and operated export company in India from Year 2004 to 2007. Company is India based, 59 year old leading export house engaged in manufacturing and exports of Stone Handicraft, Handloom Durries & Carpet and Hand-Embroidered products. Group’s client list includes Pier1 Imports, Home Depot, TJX, BigLots! and The Body Shop. Annual revenue of the company is in the range of $4-5 million.

Midway through 2007, I got married and moved to US (from India) on H4 visa status. My husband is currently on H1 visa and has filed for Green Card (priority date 2007). In fall 2008 I joined MBA (completion May 2010) which was sponsored by my previous employer, in order to facilitate starting their US operations upon completion of my degree. Now they’d like to hire me to start their US operations.

I would appreciate if you can help me with following questions:

• How can Indian company hire me in US to start US operations, I prefer L1 Visa for executives/managers?
    • What should be the company structure in US?
    • Do they have to register the company in US?
    • How much finance commitment should be shown for US operations and how?
    • Do I have to wait after getting the L1 visa before company can file for the Green Card or can the company file a concurrent GC and L1?
    • Can they file L1 for me as a future employee? What would be the GC process in that case?
    • What are the other requirements (office space, others)?
    • How much time is required for the complete process – to file L1 and GC?
    • Can I add my husband in GC process?
    • What documents will be needed for my side and my company’s side?
    • Are there a minimum number of years I need to be with the company before I can change jobs?
    • Any other requirements/restrictions I should know before my company file for my visa?
    • What would be the expenses for the complete process? and what will be the process?

Looking forward to your response. Please let me know should you require any additional information.

Thanks,
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

All the information we have on L1 visa is available at https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/l1/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X