• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 797c rejection notice for OPT

HI
    I completed my masters and applied for opt
    dec24 i got I797c saying application received and is under process
    jan 5th 20101 again i got mail from uscis saying rejection notice
    "This office does not have jurisdiction to accept your application.The application along with fee and supporting documentation is being returned to you with this notice. Please submit the completed application to USCIS office with jurdisction.please be sure to complete the application fully,submit appropriate fee, include all the supporting documents. "
    I got back all the i20s I have send, but did not get the check (340$) and i765 form. I cald the customer care today, the lady says its not yet updated, and the notice will say u correct reason for rejection. but what u read did not give me a clue for the cause of rejection. and she filed a mail to her higher people and she told me u ll be getting notice in 30 days , i.e the check and the details she told.
    I dont understand the position what is happening.... the rejection notice says to resubmit , can i just resubmit the application with a new check or I should wait for the reply the lady filed for my old check.
    she also told me its up to u to file a new one ... ut u ll be wasting this money.
    U can wait for the reply ... she told. I am even wrried if i file again it does not effect again. please some one reply to my query
    Thanks

It seems the reason it was rejected is that you filed with the wrong office

Comment

Even if check was not returned, was it cashed?
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X