Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different SEVIS ID Number

Hi

I am a F1 student. I am out of US for 3 months based on academic suspension. The university told that they have terminated the SEVIS record as I am on academic suspension.

I asked the consulate in my home country and they told me that I need not apply for a new visa to re-enter US as it is less than 5 months.

The university will be sending me a new I20 with a new SEVIS number so that I can re-join the university to complete my program.

But the old SEVIS number is already printed on the VISA stamp. Is it ok to have the old SEVIS number on the stamp while the I20 has the new SEVIS number?

Is there anybody here who is in this situation with a different SEVIS number on I20 compared to that on VISA stamp?

My visa and passport have not expired.

who can answer....any idea..?

i think no one can answer this ...even i m looking for such answers..:-(

Comment

hey,

thanks for your reply. good to know that even you are in the same situation.

i had raised the concern at this site:

HTML Code:
      http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/niv-questions-form.html

It is the chennai consulate site. They told me that I can re-enter US with the same VISA if I am not out of US for more than 5 months.

They also mentioned that I should be able to explain the port authorities for the difference in SEVIS ID. Basically I must have all the I20s (old and new) for entering US on the same F1 VISA.

It will be great if you can raise the request from your end too. That way I can way another confirmation from them. Please do let me know what they reply.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X