Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F-1 visa rejected in home country; can I try in the third country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 visa rejected in home country; can I try in the third country?

Hello,

I got F-1 visa, non-immigrant, six years ago in my home country and returned before expiration. After that, for six years, my job was quite low-end, and about two years, I worked abroad; and returned without any problem.

Today, my F-1 application for new school was rejected in the interview in the U.S. consulate in home country.

I was working abroad until last week, and came back home this week only to attend this interview, believing that home country is the best place to proof the strong tie to return when the F-1 expires.

I was rejected, and it significantly damages my plan.

Next week, I go to Europe to attend the summer school with scholarship as scheduled, because today in my impression from waiting outside the Embassy, things were not hopeful even if I try one more time. Even I paid already in my home country for another interview, but I do not think I schedule it at home.

In detail, the reasons checked in the orange paper of rejection were: two: 1) you have not been able to demonstrate sufficiently strong ties to a country outside the US that will compel you to return abroad after a temporary visit. 2) You did not meet the requirements for the classification of the nonimmigrant visa for which you applied.

I had five of six kinds of governmental issued documents to proof my ties in home country but the officer did not ask me those things. Most of the time, the officer asked me about the past record of issuance of F-1, and denial of B-2 from his computer and wrote many things.

Last January 2018, I had B-2 application which was rejected. The officer asked me at that time I was working or not; how I can fund myself throughout the trip; and where I would go. I said not so good, and I got rejection. Afterwards, I sent the email to the Consulate saying whether this B-2 denial impacts the F-1 in the future, and the answer was clearly NO. The email added the application is considered in the individual base that sees cultural, political, and social aspects overall. I think I asked twice and the answer was always positive.

Today, the officer asked me in total, how many months I did not work. I said about two months because I was hospitalized and sick; which was true. I did not boast my career abroad for about two years. As he did not seem satisfied, he asked me who supports my education, and what his job is, and asked me how old I am, and if I were married. Those felt something personal attack.

I still have tax proofs, health insurance payments for five months, residence proof, family proof from home-government administration that today no one asked me to show.

I am gathering even more.

Do these documents help next time?

My schedule is pre-arranged in Europe, which is not my home, for this summer and I have no option to have the next interview in Europe.

What kind of documents I have to bring in order to pass the interview?

The consular officer of course today left the bad information in my profile and I am very worried and depressed in this astonishing results.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X