Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visa revalidation - please advice! Urgent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa revalidation - please advice! Urgent!

Hi there,

I've got into the tricky situation here and would really appreciate the advice. Some details:

- I've graduated my Masters' program in May 2019;
    - My F-1 visa expired in May 2019;
    - I have my OPT approved and EAD issued;
    - I have a job offer in the US from the US-based company and my start date is in August 2019;
    - I've dispatched to Canada for a month to travel and in Canada now.

While in Canada, I decided to apply for an F-1 visa because my job might require me to travel internationally. I've filled DS-160, paid a fee and scheduled an interview at US Consulate in Canada. Now I realized that if my visa is denied, I will not be able to return to the US on the basis of visa revalidation, so now I want to take the safest way for me possible.

Question 1: Does the fact that I've applied for a visa disqualify me from visa re-validation? (If I fly from Canada to the US before my scheduled interview and abandon or cancel the interview - within 30 days of leaving the US)
    Question 2: If I do what is described in Q1, can I return back to Canada in 1-2 days, spend another 29 days in Canada and return back to the US to start working? Will my visa be revalidated again?
    Question 3: How bad or good are my chances of getting a visa if I decide to go for an interview?

Thank you so much!!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X