X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2- 214B rejection

Hi All,

Attempt 1: Hyderbad
    I've applied for B1/B2 visa back in 2017 to attend my fiance's graduation ceremony program at Buffalo, NY. I was rejected with 214-B notice. At the time I was working for a US based private company in Hyderabad, India. I even had all the bank statements and invitation letter from the University my wife's graduating from.
    Question asked-
    1. What is the purpose of visit?
    2. How much do you earn ?
    3. Which state are you going to visit?
    4. What do you do? Nature of work?

Attempt 2: Hyderabd
    We got married in Feb 2019 and after marriage I applied for a F2 visa in March and got 214-B

Questions asked-
    1. What is the purpose of visit?
    2. How long do you intend to stay?
    3. Are you currently working now?
    4. How do you know her?
    5. Did you apply previously?
    6. How are going to spend you time in US?
    7. Who is going to sponsor you?

Attempt 3: Chennai (Since i was travelling to former company for PF settlement)
    In April 2019, I gave another try and got 214-B

Questions asked-
    1. Since how long your wife is in US?
    2. When are you planning to come back?

Attempt 4: Hyderabad

This would be last attempt for F2 visa, my interview is on July 23.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? As far as I remember the only mistake I did was on the Attempt 2, when officer asked how long do you intend to stay out of fear and tension I said till she gets approval. Neither I said something anything after that or he asked anything?

Any recommendations on how I can resolve this?

Originally posted by ramvig20 View Post
    Hi All,

Neither I said something anything after that or he asked anything?
    What are you trying to say?

Comment

Mogu I'm looking out for recommendations based on my visa experience. Tomorrow I have an interview and thought would pull in some ideas from this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by ramvig20 View Post
        Mogu I'm looking out for recommendations based on my visa experience. Tomorrow I have an interview and thought would pull in some ideas from this forum.
        Well, they seem to think that you will likely join your wife in the US and both of you will get a job there. If you read the forums, men getting dependent visas is not a frequent occurrence. You would have to have something really solid in India, which they would think is important enough for you not to abandon, really high-paying job, lots of time spent on it, etc.

You have not provided what answers you gave, so it's a bit hard to see what you should have said differently. Focus on purpose of visit, what to do there, how long, your job, etc.

Some people get visas after multiple tries, but for most, it's not helpful to keep applying. They've given you the same reason 3 times, so it's time to have a long cooling off period if you don't succeed in your latest attempt.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X