X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduating soon on F-1; filing for H1-B help

Hello all,

I have a query about H1-B filing.

I am a Masters' degree student here, and I'd be graduating in May 2010 (Major: Computer Engineering). I have an employer who is willing to hire me, but has not the slightest clue of how to approach the paperwork for filing work permit for me, since he has not filed for H1 ever before.

My queries are:

1. What are the forms that my employer needs to fill out for H1. Please give me exact form numbers, names, links to where I can find them, and the instructions.
    2. How much does it cost for the employer to file for H1, in the employee's name? And, does the employer need to pay an annual fees for every year that the employee is with the company? How does that process work? Pl. advise.
    3. What forms does the employee need to fill out, for a smooth transition from F-1 to H1? (I will be applying for my OPT by next week, and I'm hoping to get my EAD card sometime in May.)
    4. What does the employer need to do, to become E-Verify?
    5. Is it necessary that anyone who is requiring H1 has to work for an E-Verify employer??
    6. My employer is a Non-profit organization, from what I understand. Can non-profit organizations file H1 for foreign students; and if so, is the procedure different from the normal process? Pl. explain.

Thanks in advance, for replying to my queries.

AK.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X