F - student visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F - student visa

Hi, I have a question. If my father is in the US on L1A would it cause issues for me to get student visa (F visa) at the US consulate in India. please advise

Hi. Not to scare you but when I had my interview last week in Mumbai I was appalled seeing way too many rejections ,F1 visa included. It felt as if the VOs are just looking for the slightest reason to reject a candidate even for Visitor visas . For eg. this guy ahead of me in my line was interviewing for F1 visa and he was asked if he has any family member in the US and he mentioned his sister working at Google.
    After few minutes of typing she rejected his visa. She told him few things which I just couldn't hear.
    On the other hand, a friend of mine who interviewed for F1 visa in July got his Visa approved even though his brother completed his MS in UMich and is presently working at Intel since 2 years.
    All I am saying is, chances are highly highly unpredictable. From what I have personally eyewitness, your chances of approval are pretty low but from what I have seen with my friends who interviewed on a different date, your chances of approval seem okay.

Crucial point to note - They treat every candidate as a potential immigrant and they approve you only if you're able to convince them otherwise in those 2-4 minutes. They focus on 2 main things - strong finances and strong family ties in India. The latter is ruled out in your case as you have your dad there so you'd really have to come up with some credible explanation to prove strong intentions of you returning back home.

Just stay confident and try your best to prove your intent to return back to India after your study and pray you get a good VO with a good mood. Good luck xx

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X