[HELP] Shoplifting & F1 VISA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELP] Shoplifting & F1 VISA

I was arrested and convicted by a shoplifing (value $35) in 2002. I was 19 years old at that time. While i was arrested, because i am an international student, i have nothing to identify myself, no passport, no social security number, no driver license, there is nothing, except a high school ID only with my full name on it. That's it. After i was arrested, i hired an attorny, and it really cost me lots lots money, way more than i thought. I also paid the panality like $350 maybe, and did a lot of community services. Then now, there is a problem here, my visa will expire in June 2005, so i need to apply a new F1 visa in December, and there is a question :

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other similar legal action? Have you ever unlawfully distributed or sold a controlled substance(drug), or been a prostitute or procurer for prostitutes?

I understand that being honest will be the best way; however, i seirously dont want my parents know about that, I have hided this for such a long time, even I paid ALL fees by myself without letting them know. Who can help me with this, Will they find out if i choose "no".. I know it's bad.. but .. sigh..
    HELP !!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X