Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife OPT stamping denied, Please help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife OPT stamping denied, Please help...

Hello all,

I am desperately in need of your help!

My wife, who came here in F2 in 2006, then changed to F1 in 2008, was working here in OPT from Jan 2010 until Apr 2010. Her OPT was supposed to be valid until Jan 2011.

She went to India recently for a month Apr-May, and went to New Delhi embassy for visa stamping this morning. She got denied, because visa office asked why we both are in different state (east coast and mid-west), he could not see any reason as colleges are available in all states. She tried to explain the valid reason about the program, fees and all, but he did not listen and said she should work in India. She was not given any specific (214b, 221g etc.) reason and VO just crossed her F2 visa in the passport, that is it, nothing else, no "Application Received" wordings or anything else marked in the passport.

I am currently in H1B in an east coast state under an university sponsored visa. I am totally devastated as this never happened to us before. I tried to search all over the internet whole night, but could not find any useful information specific to my wife's case.

I really appreciate if someone respond to my post ASAP. Her return flight is on May 13th. I asked her to get a HDFC receipt after it was rejected this morning. Is it possible she will get her visa with a different VO?

Please share your experience or advice me how to approach this problem.

Thanks a bunch to all,
    Park

reply please

Dear Park,
    I will be in the same situation as your wife as I am planning to visit in Dec and attend visa stamping on OPT. Can you give some info on how your wife's VIS issue sorted out? Please, any info will be appreciated.
    Thank you for your help in advance!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X