Renewing student visa in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewing student visa in Toronto

Hi--I'm renewing my F-1 visa in Toronto in June, and I had a couple of questions I would like some help with.

The details: I'm in the 5th year of a PhD program in Mathematics, and have a valid I-20 and full time status for another year, even though my visa expires this July. I also did my undergrad in the US, and haven't paid any SEVIS fee since the first time it was instituted (some time back in 2002-3). So, my first question (and the answer to this is very unclear from the FAQ for the SEVIS fee): do I have to pay the SEVIS fee now?

Also, what address should I provide as my home address? The address at which I currently stay in the US, or my permanent home address in India? Moreover, I clearly cannot have the passport delivered to either address, since I will need it before I leave Canada. How can I mention this on the application? It requires me to give a home address and a mailing address if different from the home address, and I'm not sure what to fill in.

Thanks!
    Keerthi

Hello Keerthi,

I am also in similar situation as you. I am currently a PhD student and want to renew my F1 visa from toronto. I was wondering if you already went for the visa interview. If so, how was your experience in Toronto visa office? Also, did you have to pay the SEVIS fee? Thank you!

Comment

Hello

I came to US as j-1 student and I stayed here. Im a student now and I have f-1 status. But I want to get stamp. Is it possible to get stamped f-1 visa in Canada?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X