Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Dilema About F1 VISA

Hello ppl,
    I'm Romanian citizen and curently I have an J1 visa.
    I got a simple question that I can't find an exact answer.
    Can I obtain the F1 visa IN THE USA..not returning back to Romania???? remarks:I got accepted to a U.S college , I got the I-20 the financial proof..everything!
    Some college advisors said that it's possible and some not....I'm confused
    thank you,

It depends where you live. I am in the same situation exept that i have been accepted and i am going to school. I think you are out of status right now, j-1 expires in november or sooner right? if you are out of status you cannot apply or go to school.

Comment

Nope I have my status until June 05!
      I still didn't got a reply to the question.....nobody got the F1 visa in US???(not returning back in the home country under J1 visa..or other type)

Comment

I don't have a precise answer. However, I can tell you what I've been told, what I did and what happened to me in a similar situation.
        I was accepted by a university to take a class this year while I was on a tourist visa last year. I asked at the university if I could change my status in the US and they said that if I had stated that on my application (reasons to go to the US on a tourist visa: look for a class to take in 2005) I had the chance to do that. However, I was told that foreign embassies don't like that so I decided to come back to my country and applied for a student visa here. I totally regret that now!!!! I was rejected the student visa and cancelled the tourist visa because "I've been to the US on 2 occassions already (the first time I went on a cultural exchange visa) and 6 months (length of the class) was too long. And, going back to the US after 3 months is too soon". That was so ridiculous!!!!! If the class is for 6 months and starts in February... I have to go in February and ask for 6 months... Besides, the first time I went on an exchange program, the second one on a tourist visa and now I wanted to take a class...
        SO, try to change your status there.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X