Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can an F1 student work after receiving EAD Card (I 765) from a pending i130+i485?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can an F1 student work after receiving EAD Card (I 765) from a pending i130+i485?

Hi All,

I’ve scoured the forums, search engines and I just need someone to back me up here....

My spouse is on an F1 visa, we are in the process preparing paperwork to file an i130 + i485. She is about to finish her OPT and return to school to do her masters and receive another I20. She will be a full time student again as we need her to maintain status until the green card marriage interview (I’m not a citizen, I only have a green card).

Can my spouse work off campus once she receives the EAD card (I 176(? She is worried that she will lose her I20 if the school finds out she is also working — she keeps quoting some USCIS website that says she’s unable to work while on an F-1 and I’ve tried to explain she is allowed to use the EAD card to work.

Cheers!

She is allowed to work on the EAD from the pending AOS, but she will lose her F-1 status.
    Canadian on F-1 married to USC (SSM)
    Field office: Manhattan/NYC

09/21/2019: Delivered to Chicago
    09/25/2019: Fees charged
    09/30/2019: Case received
    10/04/2019: Biometrics appt received
    10/15/2019: Fingerprints taken
    10/16/2019: Fingerprint review complete
    11/14/2019: Ready to be scheduled

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X