Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-entering upon F-1 overstay

Hello,

I am a German citizen who lived and studied in the United States for four years on a F-1 student visa. When I graduated last year in February, I didn't leave the country for another year and thereby definitely overstayed my duration of status. The proof of my overstaying is of course the white I-94 departure record slip I had to surrender to the airline representative when I finally left the US this year. I am now planning a vacation to the US and before booking want to know what my chances of getting readmitted are.

Here are my questions:

1. Does the airline representative really hand all departure slips to some CBP officer who at the end of the day enters every passenger's departure date into some database?

2. If that is really the case, will the CPB officer who checks my passport upon re-entering the US actually have access to the same database and will notice that I had overstayed my last visit?

3. Even if he will become aware of this fact, will he deny me entry into the country because of this?

4. Lastly, how can I prepare to assure my successful re-entering the country (apply for a 6-month tourist visa, get a new passport with a new passport no.,etc.)?

Thank you people a lot in advance for you advice in the matter.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X