Urgent Query on F1 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Query on F1 visa

I am a temp. worker in Toronto planning to study in the USA.

I have an interview for F1 student visa stamping in Toronto next week and I had one important question:

- I had an existing valid H1-B and applied for a visitor's visa in Toronto last year. At the interview the officer said he would grant me the visitor's visa but would cancel my H1-B since I was working in Canada. I said I was okay with this, but when the passport came back, the H1-B was not cancelled on the passport. So I assume that it was not cancelled for some reason. When entering the USA subsequently, the border officers always asked if I was entering as visitor or worker and I entered on my B1/B2.
    When filling out my DS-160 for the student visa interview, I answered "NO" to the question "Have you ever had a US visa cancelled or revoked?"

However, my friend told me yesterday that it is possible that my H1-B has been cancelled in the system but not stamped cancelled on the passport.
    So, this would make my answer incorrect on the DS-160.
    Is it possible that my H1-B is in fact cancelled and will this be a problem for my F1 visa application?

Thank you.

If asked, explain the situation to the Visa officer.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X