Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent!! F1 stamping in india

Hello friends

This is my situation: Original entry in USA on H4, Got a job came on H1 Visa. Left job to study in the USA. Came on H4 visa studied for 1 term and then changed status to F1 visa from within USA. Currently going to India for F1 stamping. My question/ Concern is :
    1. Will the consulate be concerned if I was on H1 visa previously ?
    2. Will the VFS think that I am a potential immigrant?
    3. Do you think that being on H1 can show me as a potential immigrant and my via can be rejected on that grounds?

Please help me ....its urgent !!
    Appreciate it

Originally posted by ssb0102 View Post
    Hello friends

This is my situation: Original entry in USA on H4, Got a job came on H1 Visa. Left job to study in the USA. Came on H4 visa studied for 1 term and then changed status to F1 visa from within USA. Currently going to India for F1 stamping. My question/ Concern is :
    1. Will the consulate be concerned if I was on H1 visa previously ?

They know it, don't hide anything on your application.
    2. Will the VFS think that I am a potential immigrant?
    VFS does not think anything. It is the DOS that issues visa. Just because you were present in the US before does not make them think of you as potential immigrant.

3. Do you think that being on H1 can show me as a potential immigrant and my via can be rejected on that grounds?

It may, but there is nothing you can do about it. Concentrate on proving why you will return to home country after finishing your studies. What opportunities this degree offers in your home country, what family, property or financial ties hold you back to home country? Prepare these answers in a truthful and convincing manner.

Please help me ....its urgent !!
    Appreciate it
    Answers above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hello,
      I am going to the USA in about 3 or 4 months by an immigrant visa. I have also admitted to the Maryland University in an undergraduate course. I have got a small scholarship.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X