Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use the leftover period of my expired OPT period

Hello,

I completed my master's in 2008. Got my OPT period starting from Oct2008-2009. Changed from OPT to F1 in April 2009. Also not eligible to apply for an extension after 12 months of OPT.

Can I get those remaining 4-5 months of my OPT period (changed to F1 in April) and utilize that status to get a job?

If no, is there any option that I can consider to work? Right now I have a F1 status.

Thanks in advance.

Not possible AFAIK. You can have a H1 sponsor directly and move over to H1 from Oct 1st and complete any remaining courses on a part time basis.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you. But to file H1b I will need a job offer and company willing to sponsor H1b where I can work wit some status until H1 gets active.

Thank you

Comment

you can continue on F1 with CPT

You have another option.
        You can apply to another shcool for another degree with CPT option( you can work and study on it at the same time).
        Make sure that you don't overstay and fell out of status.

Just apply to school with CPT, transfer your SEVIS to this school and apply for CPT work authorization.

You can try University of Northern Virginia.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X