Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Passport with F1 Vaild Visa in it

Dear All,

I lost my Passport with a Valid F1 visa in it. I had also lost my I20 and I94.
    But I got a new Indian Passport in Washington D.C Indian Consulate.
    The univ reissued me a new i20. I am travelling to India this December, I complete my Masters next June 2011. I am confused about getting a Visa again. I reported abt my lost passport to the Madras US consulate. They told me to bring all the documents for the new Visa again? What are my chances of getting the Visa again? Is it easy or tough? Please Let me know, I have a police complaint and a letter from the univ stating that i am a full time student.

Best,
    Murugappan

Should not be an issue...

Comment

Carry a copy of the older visa that was issued and the older I-94.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

HI Need some help

HI,
        I need some information from you. I understand you lost your passport. so as mine. I lost in last year and I got the new passport. i haven't been to india for stamping. I am in my opt. I would like to know if you been for Visa stamping? was this process tough?

Thank You

Originally posted by muru_05 View Post
        Dear All,

I lost my Passport with a Valid F1 visa in it. I had also lost my I20 and I94.
        But I got a new Indian Passport in Washington D.C Indian Consulate.
        The univ reissued me a new i20. I am travelling to India this December, I complete my Masters next June 2011. I am confused about getting a Visa again. I reported abt my lost passport to the Madras US consulate. They told me to bring all the documents for the new Visa again? What are my chances of getting the Visa again? Is it easy or tough? Please Let me know, I have a police complaint and a letter from the univ stating that i am a full time student.

Best,
        Murugappan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X