F-2 visa intended length of stay, non-immigrant intent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-2 visa intended length of stay, non-immigrant intent

I need some help regarding my wife's F2 visa application. I have a question about demonstrating non-immigrant intent. My wife is currently on a stable job in my home country, and that's her strongest home tie. Regarding her intended length of stay, she can either option 1: briefly visit the US and return to her job or option 2: quit her job and be with me in the US for several months or until I graduate. I think both of these options have pros and cons in our situation, but would appreciate hearing thoughts/suggestions from forum members.

option 1: I will graduate late summer, so I am wondering if we say intended length of stay is 1 or 2 months, they could reject the visa and ask her to wait until I graduate and I'm back. I've also heard stories where people who said they intend to stay for a short time period were asked to apply for visitor visa instead.
    option 2: In this case, we lose the only strong home tie she has cz she has to quit her job, and so we are worried about denial citing immigrant intent.

Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions.
    Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X