Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query regarding DS 160 and visa registration submissions

Hello Folks,

I am an incoming MBA candidate to a US university this fall and I’ve recently booked my visa appointment and submitted my DS 160 form and paid SEVIS fee. However I had a couple of queries and it would be of great help if you could pitch in and help in answering the same-

1) I’ve filled my DS 160 form and also paid my SEVIS fee using my hotmail email address which is my primary mode of communication. In the DS 160 form I have also specified that I do not have any alternate email address. However, when I tried to create an ID in the US Visa Form page it was not accepting my hotmail email ID( I realised later on that this might be due to the fact that I had created an ID last year). In the given situation, I went ahead and used my gmail address and booked my visa appointment. Will this cause any issues given that email address is not mentioned in the visa appointment anyway and that it seems to be purely for communication purposes on the visa website?

2) I have just provided my Instagram ID in social handle details in form DS 160. Should this be enough?

Thanks.

Hi,
    1. You must have updated alternative Email ID too.. Anyhow, it will not make any big issues I believe.. If you get any kind of questions from Officer regarding this, during Interview, you need to give clear reason.
    2. if you have any other Social platform usages, better you add them too.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X