B2 to F2 Change of Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 to F2 Change of Status

Hello, I would appreciate guidance based on your knowledge or experience. Here is my situation:
    My wife is in USA on F1 and myself and my 10 years old daughter plan to join her on F2 visa ASAP. The challenge is unavailability of F2 Visa interview appointments due to COVID situation in India, the earliest available appointment is in the month of September 2021. Me and my daughter also have a valid B2 visa. Now my questions are below:
    1. Can we travel on B2 visa and apply for change of status to F2 once in USA?
    2. How long this process might take? Do you see any risk in this from a legal point of view?
    3. Will this impact our petition for F2 visa or any other visas in future?
    I am looking forward to the kind responses.

Thank you!

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    Can we travel on B2 visa and apply for change of status to F2 once in USA?
    Answer: It will be considered as fraud if you travel to USA on B visa to change of your status.. The purpose of B visa is different and your intention to utilize the B visa is different.. So, it may create a problem at the time of port of entry.. Better, you get the F2 visa from US consulate instead of filing the petition.
    How long this process might take? Do you see any risk in this from a legal point of view?
    Answer: Change of status petition will be taking few months to get the adjudication. B to F2 change of status will create more risk.
    Will this impact our petition for F2 visa or any other visas in future?
    Answer: Yes.. It may be.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X