F1 from different country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 from different country

Hello, I am an Indian citizen trying to apply for F1 from India for Fall 21. I have also paid for my visa application in India. However, all Indian embassies are not in operation and I am not positive if the offices will resume their normal operation before the Fall. I am in the US currently (came on B1) and scheduled to return to India next month. I was wondering if I can go to Mexico and apply again for the visa from there and return to India. I believe I have a genuine reason as to why I am applying from a different country. I really do not want to miss the opportunity to join in the Fall, so I would like to understand the pros and cons of that situation. Also, I was wondering if my visa gets rejected from Mexico, can I continue my application from India as I already paid the fees there. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,
    It is possible to apply F visa in Mexico.. But be prepare well for complicated questions you may expect from Officer.. Even though you have valid reason, you are in the situation to proof your strong tie up with home country..
    I am curious, As you mentioned you are right now in the USA, why don't you consider filing change of status?
    Thanks

Comment

Change of status from the US takes more than 9.5 months. So the purpose of enrolling for the Fall semester will be futile. In that case, it would be better for me to go back and apply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X