Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seeking urgent help (other relatives in usa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeking urgent help (other relatives in usa)

Hello,

I'm an incoming masters student for Spring 2022 and I have my F1 visa appointment lined up this month.

My niece is a USA citizen by birthright. However, she is a 5 months old baby and currently residing here in India with her parents (both of them are Indian citizens). Now my niece has no intentions of moving to the USA, at least until she is 18 years old.

So do I need to select yes or No for the following question?
    Do you have any other relatives in USA?

As per my naive understanding, since she is not currently residing in USA, i should select No. But would really appreciate some expert advice from you guys

Thanks in advance

Hi Member,
    Please see my response below.
    Do you have any other relatives in USA?

As per my naive understanding, since she is not currently residing in USA, i should select No. But would really appreciate some expert advice from you guys
    Answer: You can say as NO as she is not in the USA while you are going to the United States. More over, she is kid you dont want to notify anywhere in your DS 160 form as it is not needed too.
    All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

COs are more interested in direct relatives (parents, siblings) than others....and as you noted, she is not in the US

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X