Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying a green card holder on student visa

Hi All,

I'm a green card holder and my fiancee is on the final stage of her F1 visa process. She is planning to come to the US in July or August. We are planning to get married in October 2022 in our home country. My questions are

1) After marriage, Do we need to inform our marital status changes (Specially my fiancee's marital status change) to USCIS or embassy or any other immigration department?

2) What will happen if she is unable to come to the USA in July or August and will come to the USA after marriage? Will the port of entry allow her to enter the US as she married a green card holder?

3) If her F1 visa got rejected this time and if she will re-apply F1 visa again after marriage (without filling an i-130 petition) will her F1 be approved?

Thank you for any help.

Understand her F1 is in serious jeopardy by her having an intent to marry a permanent resident. F1 is NOT for immigrant intent and this is clearly immigrant intent. If she can convince them that she got the F1 in good faith, and they let her in, if you get married, you need to immediately apply for her adjustment of status.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X