F1(OPT STEM Extension) to EB-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1(OPT STEM Extension) to EB-2

Hello all, I'm a F1(OPT STEM Extension) visa holder working a Full Time job and now looking for the next steps. I know the clear path is the H1-B but once I did my research on other categories I found out that I might be falling into EB-2 Advanced Degree preference since I'm a MS holder with a Full Time job. Going directly for EB-2 can save some time and money both for my company and me I still need to find out the timelines since I do not want to risk anything due to the backlogs and extra time that EB-2 can take when compared to H1-B. Has somebody gone through this before me here and can advice me I would really appreciate.

Thank you very much!

You and your sponsoring employer should seek an immigration attorney. Yes, an EB-2 may be advantageous for both you and the employer, the work on the employer's side (showing that they've tried to find a qualified US national, etc...) is about the same. The one sticking point is the JOB must actually require the advanced degree. Just because you have one doesn
    't make the job eligible for EB-2 status.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X