Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 visa renewal and missed 12 month STEM OPT reporting

Hello,

I will be continuing my studies in the US, and till now worked on STEM OPT. I gained admission into PhD program, and will be attending that from september. My F-1 visa is about to expire, and since I haven't visited my parents in a while, was planning to return home, and also renew my F-1 visa.

However, I had submitted my 12 month STEM OPT validation report about a month after the due date, and my DSO said she could not submit that to the SEVIS now, since its past due, but she has records of me submitting it to the school in the school's records. I have not missed any other validation reporting deadlines. I can still access my SEVP portal, and it says my STEM OPT is still active on the portal. It also says that my 12 month validation report is past due.

My question is, could this be an issue during the F-1 visa interview? (I do not qualify for the interview waiver since I will be changing schools).

Originally posted by snoopy_dogg93 View Post
    Hello,

I will be continuing my studies in the US, and till now worked on STEM OPT. I gained admission into PhD program, and will be attending that from september. My F-1 visa is about to expire, and since I haven't visited my parents in a while, was planning to return home, and also renew my F-1 visa.

However, I had submitted my 12 month STEM OPT https://erasmus-home.com/en/ validation point of sale terminal report about a month after the due date, and my DSO said she could not submit that to the SEVIS now, since its past due, but she has records of me submitting it to the school in the school's records. I have not missed any other validation reporting deadlines. I can still access my SEVP portal, and it says my STEM OPT is still active on the portal. It also says that my 12 month validation report is past due.
    [SPOILER] sdf [/SPOILER]
    My question is, could this be an issue during the F-1 visa interview? (I do not qualify for the interview waiver since I will be changing schools).
    True that will be corrected in the future!I Traveles to the slovenia I had a great wikend with m;y friends I realu liked watching the foodnall games and all the grenen I saw. I balieve I had to play ... wa stayed in erasmus homes in colledge. I met there Elly it hels with creedit card machince... so you can pay with your cards.
    Last edited by Julijasav; 04-21-2022, 09:32 AM.

Comment

hi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X