Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-visiting USA-Please help!!

Hi Friends, I am Neha.
    Please please help me with the following...

Four years ago I went to US for my graduate studies. But after only 1.3 years I left the university and came back to India (Because of some family issues). I only completed the fall semester and took exam for spring in this university. I am now re-applying to new university for a fresh start in graduate studies. (My SEVIS record must have expired by now!!)

My query is
    1) As I have not finished any degree in US, is it necessary to provide details of the university i attended for 1.3 years?
    2) As, I haven't spent much time in US to ask for recommendation letters from this university, can I avoid mentioning its name and arrange for strong recommendations from the university I last attended in India?
    3) Will all this create issues in getting a fresh F-1 visa?

I don't want to discuss this leaving out decision of mine, can I just say that I have been working in India for last four years and tell nothing about it to the new university? (again: my sevis record must have expired by now!!)
    Although I know that I will need to tell truth to the visa agencies as they can see my passport!!

Kindly help me clearing my doubts to plan ahead. Should I completely avoid talking about this short time study in US?

pls pls..reply...help me out!!
    Thanks in advance

Usa

[QUOTE=nehasharma123;218180]Hi Friends, I am Neha.
    Please please help me with the following...
    Hello

Here are the answers!!

Four years ago I went to US for my graduate studies. But after only 1.3 years I left the university and came back to India (Because of some family issues). I only completed the fall semester and took exam for spring in this university. I am now re-applying to new university for a fresh start in graduate studies. (My SEVIS record must have expired by now!!)

My query is
    1) As I have not finished any degree in US, is it necessary to provide details of the university i attended for 1.3 years?
    Ans) No, it is not required.
    2) As, I haven't spent much time in US to ask for recommendation letters from this university, can I avoid mentioning its name and arrange for strong recommendations from the university I last attended in India?
    Ans) Since, you last went to US with "This Universities" I-20 so it will be asked.But, in case of recommendation, it can be given by any including our home country.
    3) Will all this create issues in getting a fresh F-1 visa?
    Ans) No, it won't as because you are free to choose your own will for any University.Unless, you are an illegal at US.
    I don't want to discuss this leaving out decision of mine, can I just say that I have been working in India for last four years and tell nothing about it to the new university? (again: my sevis record must have expired by now!!)
    Although I know that I will need to tell truth to the visa agencies as they can see my passport!!

Kindly help me clearing my doubts to plan ahead. Should I completely avoid talking about this short time study in US?

pls pls..reply...help me out!!

But, I also need a help from yours...Please, help me out with this!!

I,Pursued my M.S Degree in Electronics Engineering from New Jersey Institute of Technology,(NJIT) NJ on May 2006.

I got my student visa 0n August 2004 for 5 years i.e from August 2004-August 2009.Now, after completion of my M.S I got one year of OPT from June 2006-June 2007 and I didn’t find a suitable company to file H-1B visa for.Thus, I extended or overstayed for 180 days prior to the completion of my OPT status.

After a much try I returned back to India on December 2007.Since, then I working as an Assistant Professor in an Engineering college in India.

But, I want to pursue PhD degree from NJIT again and my professors are also ready to give me the scholarships. But, my question is:-

WILL I BE ELGIBLE TO GO BACK USA ONCE AGAIN? I DIDN’T VIOLATED THE STUDENT VISA STATUS, I JUST OVERSTAYED 180 DAYS AGAINST OF MY OPT DATE?

Please,your answer will be my key decision maker of my carrier and my life

Thanks in advance

Comment

It is better to just tell the truth. People SUCK at lying and almost always get caught. Lying about irrelevant crap just makes you out to be undesireable. This is especially true when you seek to cover up irrelevant information.

You completed courses at a university in the U.S., some of those credits are probably transferrable, thus cutting cost and time to completion of degree.

You were previously admitted to the U.S., don't do anything to make the consular officer find you inadmissible.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X