Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD expired

Hi,

My F1 visa has expired, and so has EAD. I have applied for H-4 visa but haven't recieved it yet. I am planning to travel to India on Dec 5th.

I wanted to know if I can travel to India on an expired visa and EAD. I have a connecting flight in Newyork and Doha, and final destination is Bangalore.

Kindly, advice me on this.

Swetha.

You sure can travel on an expired visa on the route that you have mentioned. However, it is not a good idea to travel on a pending H4 visa change of status if your F1 status has expired. You are currently in a period of authorized stay due to a pending application to be adjudicated. If you travel, as your I-94 will be returned, that change of status application could get denied making your stay after the F1 expiration illegal.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

You will need H4 Visa to return.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Reentery to USA

I, my M.S Degree in Electronics Engineering from New Jersey Institute of Technology,(NJIT) NJ on May 2006.

I got my student visa 0n August 2004 for 5 years i.e from August 2004-August 2009.Now, after completion of my M.S I got one year of OPT from June 2006-June 2007 and I didn’t find a suitable company to file H-1B visa for.Thus, I extended or overstayed for 180 days prior to the completion of my OPT status.

After a much try I returned back to India on December 2007.Since, then I working as an Assistant Professor in an Engineering college in India.

But, I want to pursue PhD degree from NJIT again and my professors are also ready to give me the scholarships. But, my question is:-

WILL I BE ELGIBLE TO GO BACK USA ONCE AGAIN? I DIDN’T VIOLATED THE STUDENT VISA STATUS, I JUST OVERSTAYED 180 DAYS AGAINST OF MY OPT DATE?

Please, your answer will be my key decision maker of my carrier and my life

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X