Volunteer work on OPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteer work on OPT

Hi everyone, I graduated in Dec 22 and my OPT period has started recently. I am aware that one can do volunteer work which will help to avoid using up unemployment days.

I wanted to ask what all tutuapp tweakbox work is counted as volunteer work and what all documents are required in order to show that one is involved in a volunteer work

Any help would be appreciated​
    Last edited by teach02; 02-16-2023, 08:54 AM.

Volunteer work is a great way to avoid using up unemployment days during your OPT period. It can include anything from helping out at a local charity or non-profit organization, to tutoring students in the community. Tutuapp tweakbox and other online volunteer opportunities are also counted as valid forms of volunteering for this purpose. To show that you are involved with volunteer work, it’s important to keep records such as proof of involvement (e.g., emails or letters), hours worked, and any relevant documents provided by the organization you’re working with (such as an official letterhead). Keeping these records will help demonstrate that your time was spent doing voluntary activities rather than job-seeking activities during your OPT period!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X